Monday 2 February 2009

The Best Job in the World?

If you’ve read my profile you know I work at the University of Surrey. I’m a programme administrator for the Department of Electronic Engineering and so I look after the undergraduate students and help the academics with course notes etc. It’s not a bad job, and I really like helping the students to overcome problems and make it to graduation.

But the idea of working on a tropical island with no commute to work in the dark, and plenty of time to have an adventure sounds pretty good to me. Which is exactly what the Queensland Tourism Board are offering at the moment with a 6 month job on Hamilton Island which is part of the Great Barrier Reef.
Go here or here for some of the details.
There is no way I could let this opportunity pass me by, so I’ve made my 60 second video and sent off my application. They’ve already had over 10,000 entry’s so I’m sure I won’t get anywhere near the top 11, never mind get the job, but I think this is a real case of ‘if you’re not in it you can’t win it’!
Wish me luck.

No comments: