Monday 10 August 2009

Website Design Manager

Woo Hoo! I've finally received my certificate saying I've completed the Website Design Manager course. Don't worry I'm not qualified or anything, I'd have to take exams first. But the study bit is done.
I have to say I'm not very impressed with Skills Train who I did the course with. But then I have been studying with the Open University first and they spoil you. With the OU they have all these online forums so you can chat with other students, which takes a little getting used to but is great. With the Skills Train, I might as well have been the only person in the world doing the course. And when you're studying by yourself in your spare time, having other students who are doing the same as you to chat with and check that what you are doing is right is pretty important. Also the admin was rubbish and the books were often out of date. Not good.
So now if I can find out about them, I'll do some exams and maybe get a qualification. But from what I've read it helps if you're in a 'web' job to pass the exams. But how do I get the job if I'm not qualified? Bit of a catch 22 I fear.

No comments: