Tuesday 14 February 2012

Storyworld


For my birthday last month I was lucky enough to receive a StoryWorld set.
The idea is to help inspire story telling, so I thought it might be fun to take to the writers group today.
The set consist of a set of cards which cover four different worlds (The World of Everyday, the Land of Faery, The World of Magic and The Realm of the Court) and a book to help you on your way.  There are many different ways you can use the set and many more cards to collect too.
Each card has so much happening on it that you could just use the image to inspire you.  Then again each card has an introduction and questions on the back which you might find inspiring.  Or you could pull out a group of cards (maybe at random, maybe your favourites) and see what sort of story grows from them.  The possibilities are endless.

What I love is that all the cards are discreetly linked.  I manage to find the links between about half the cards, but the rest eluded me.

I’ve pulled out some of my favourites in the image above.  They include The Well of Memory, The Star Blanket, The Knight, and The Dog, what fun I could have with just the titles never mind the wonderful images.  I might be a bit busy with fact to right fiction right now, but the rest of the group I'm sure will be busy.

No comments: