Saturday 18 May 2013

Paper making

With only a few weeks of Lola left I've 1) been very busy with my final project and 2) been thinking about what I should do next.  All being well Lola will be my final course with the Open University for now and so I hope to be able to get back to my book binding.
But I still feel the urge to learn something new and I've always wanted to make my own paper and would love to make my own paper for covering my books with.  A search for paper making course came up with a summer school at Central Saint Martins in London and once I'd read the itinerary for the week I was hooked.
It's all booked now for August and I'm rather excited.  The list of things to bring is long and includes the molde and deckle above, which will make the train journeys interesting, but it's giving me something to think about for after this final deadline which is just what I need.

No comments: