Thursday 30 May 2013

The end


Today is the deadline for the last piece of work for Lola and assuming I haven’t done anything too stupid, the last piece of work for my degree.
Over the last 7 years I have taken six 60 credit nine month modules covering a range of subjects from the humanities, creative writing, history and design.  It has not been easy and I am grateful of the support of my friends and family, particularly ‘im outdoors, who have been so understanding when I have had to miss things due to essays needing to be written.
The fact that it is over still hasn’t really sunk in yet.  My Sundays are now free for me to do as I please rather than slogging through text books.  My evenings can now be used for reading or writing fiction rather than writing factual essays.
If asked if someone else should take this path I’d say yes, but make sure you do subjects that excite you.  Part time study is no place for subjects that bore you.

As a reward for my years of study I have given myself a pair of Vibram 5 fingered shoes and I can not wait to use them on some of those Sunday adventures I’ve been looking forward to.  Hello world!

No comments: