Friday 16 August 2013

Papermaking - day 5

Plain kozo paper

Purple and green layered kozo
Today was the last day of the Papermaking for Artists and Designers at Central Saint Martin's.  I've had a fab week and learnt tons!  But even with everything we covered I know there is still so much that I don't know.  I look forward to experimenting and maybe finding a more advanced class in the future.
Today we were free to concentrate on what interested us, so I spent my time playing with more kozo.  I dyed two separate groups of the fibre - one purple and one green and layered them to see what would happen.  I was very please with the end result (above).
And then it was time to go home with a bag full of damp towels and damp paper samples.
And the question on everyone's lips 'what are you going to do with it?'  My intention all along was to incorporate the papermaking with my book making.  I'm not 100% sure how yet, but I've got a few ideas brewing.  Keep an eye on the blog to see what happens next...

No comments: