Tuesday 15 July 2014

July writers group

The day before the wedding I woke up at 6.30am from a really vivid dream.  I tried going back to sleep but the sun was too bright and the image from the dream wouldn't fade and I just had to get up and write it down as a short story.
I really like writing at this time of the morning.  It feels like its just you up and no one around to disturb you.  I guess that's why I like running at this time too.  The day feels like its just for you, with no one else about and plenty of unbroken cobwebs to run in to.

So having finally written something for the first time in ages, it was slightly annoying that turn up for this months writers group was so low we didn't run.  However if I look on the bright side it does give me a little more time to get my story polished.

This months homework:  
Seeing as I got married a couple of weeks ago and graduation is running at the university this week, write about a celebration.

No comments: