Sunday 24 August 2014

A felted hare


Years ago in February, me and my friend Katie when to Unravel, a festival of knitting.  It was amazing and full of everything you could possibly imagine that had any connection to knitting at all.  There was wool of every colour, needles of every size, buttons, kits, patterns and clothing.  I wouldn't have been surprised if there had been sheep outside.

As we walked around in wonder we came across Jenny Barnett and her wonderful felted creatures.  I fell in love!  But I couldn't really justify buying one of her ready made hares so I bought a kit instead, after all how hard can it be?


Actually felting isn't really very hard at all.  Its making something that looks like its really alive thats the hard bit.  Jenny's kits have everything you will need to create your creature - fleece and sponge and needles and instructions, its up to you to give it that spark of life.  I don't think I did too bad for a first attempt, although it doesn't come close to Jenny's work.  Defiantly something I will be trying again...


No comments: