Sunday 19 October 2014

Onion skin bookbinding






This weekend I did this year's craft course - Onion Skin Bookbinding.  I've promised myself that I can/should have one craft course a year, be it a day, a weekend or a week and this weekend was a real treat.
It look place at Otter Bookbinding where the lovely Marysa looked after us, while Ben of elbel libro bookbinding showed us how to create these amazing bindings.  With a small group of 4 and with everyone else being professional bookbinders I could have felt a little out of my depth, but everyone was lovely and happy to help if there was something I was unfamiliar with.  I even got to have a go with the beautiful guillotine - it made trimming the books effortless!
I had a brilliant weekend and as you can see produced some lovely little books.  I've learnt so much and its given me lots of ideas on how I can continue with my own books.
The square binding is my favourite and I can feel a project coming on - although I think I'll need a bit more practice before its good enough for that.
It's a shame it's back to work again tomorrow - I would happily stay home and make books...

2 comments:

Mobinder said...

Hi Penny, you have an excellent blog. Could you please explain how to do onion binding? I do appreciate you in advance.

Wild Creations said...

Mobinder, you would need to contact Ben from elbel libro bookbinding for the details of how to do this type of binding. It is after all his design (but not quite as difficult as it looks)